From the Desk of Clearissa Coward’s Command Center
Home Decor-Friday’s Quick Tip Week #5
A Cozy Lifestyle with Clearissa Coward
At my house, it’s time to shed the winter decor and freshen up spreading a bit of spring around. So out came the totes, three of them, and the pillows, lots of them, for spring. While going through the totes, I realized I had spring decor in them that I was not using this year and some pieces I had not used last year either. Same thing with the two bags of pillows. Once we pulled them out, I decided to put more than half of them back. Which brings us to Home Decor-Friday’s Quick Tip Week #5.
There are affiliate links within this post. However, all opinions and ideas are my own. Clicking on and using the links to purchase products does not increase your cost at all. I appreciate your support.
And then I had an epiphany…Why are you keeping decor items you haven’t used for at least a year and some for several years? That is how I got to these quick tips. I noticed that I was holding onto decor that is just hanging around when it could be a blessing to someone else.
Who knows why the pieces no longer appeal to me. My style has changed over the years, I no longer feel the need to fill every nook and cranny with decor (I am now okay with an empty space here and there 🙂 ), the items are outdated and/or need more love and care than I am willing or have time to invest in bringing them back to life this time. Besides, isn’t it better to give/donate than to receive?
Here’s the thing, I haven’t donated the pillows yet because I am not done with the entire spring house and because I’m a bit of a pillow hoarder…do not judge me, we all have our issues…right? 🙂 Besides, I have to keep the pillows for a simple way to add color here and there as I need it. Pillows are so very versatile and have I mentioned they are also my weakness. But I am going to push myself to donate a few pillows this year. 😉 You can hold me accountable.
The goal here; however, is to pair down the massive amount of spring/summer/Easter decor. So let me share my tips for pairing down seasonal decor.
- If you haven’t found a place to use the piece last season or beyond, why not bless someone else with it?
- If the piece no longer suits your decor style, why not bless someone else with it? No need to let it sit in the tote for another couple of years, or longer.
- If you still like (not love) the piece but the loud orange color is just not you anymore, why not paint it or donate it?
- If the piece was a gift that you never liked, why not donate it?
- If you look around your home and you feel really blessed to have all that you have and the space is perfectly decorated without the extra pieces, why hold onto pieces that you no longer need? Why not bless someone else with them?
- Here’s an idea, why not swap out decor with a friend or family member? If you and a friend or family swap decor, you can always swap back at a later date and both of you will get a change without spending any money. Make sure both of you understand that it is a swap only and that you would like everything back at some point. It might even be a good idea to agree on a return date. If you and your friend or family can agree on the details, you will never be furniture bored again.
Never miss another article, tip, real-life experience or project. Get them delivered directly to your email. Subscribe today! And let’s stay connected. As a bonus, once you subscribe, you will also receive a free downloadable Daily Cleaning Checklist. This will help you keep up with the daily chores that will help you keep your home fresh and in order.
Share this post with your friends. I greatly appreciate it.
If you enjoyed this post, you may also enjoy this article.
Until next time…Find And Remain In Your Own Personal Element – Hugs & Blessings!
You Can Find Me:
Hugs & Blessings