From the Desk of Clearissa Coward’s Command Center
12 Quick Decorating Tips
A Cozy Lifestyle with Clearissa Coward
If you do not have the time or the money for a full home renovation, here are 10 quick decorating tips to add a little excitement and style to your home. They may sound simple to some of you and you may say, “everybody knows that” but I promise you, not everybody does. So we are going back to basics.
There are affiliate links within this post. However, all opinions and ideas are my own. Clicking on and using the links to purchase products does not increase your cost at all. I appreciate your support.
1. Wallpaper: You don’t have to paint or fully cover walls to add a bit more interest. Why not jazz up a space by including a focal wall with wallpaper? Can’t think of a good reason not to? Neither can I. Wallpaper comes in so many different patterns and colors until I guarantee there is something for everyone. I am personally smitten with the wallpaper that looks like shiplap.
2. Add a Throw Rug: Even if you already have a carpeted room, you can add a brightly colored or uniquely patterned rug for a different look. throw rugs can define different spaces in a room. For example, a rug placed properly can define an eating area or TV area in a home with an open or weirdly shaped room.
Dollar Tree – Great Bargains and Shipped Directly To Your Home
3. Window Treatments: Choosing the right window treatments can make or break a room. Curtains will make a room feel cozy and also alleviate an echo in the space. They will also enhance the look of your furniture and provide privacy. If hung correctly curtains can also help to give the allusion of a larger room.
4. Keep Your Home Organized: Okay, that doesn’t really sound like a decorating tip, but the more organized and uncluttered your home is, the better it will look and the more comfortable it will feel.
5. Try New Ceiling Lighting or New Lamps: It is amazing what a difference lighting can make in a home. Update your look with new lighting and give your home an inexpensive facelift.
Grove Collaborative/Mrs. Meyers Cleaning Products
6. Add Color: There are so many ways to add color to your home. You can do it with towels, throw pillows, table skirts, folding screens, new bedsheets and more. And for a major and inexpensive impact, paint a room.
7. Paint Your Cabinets: Not ready for new cabinets? If you have wooden cabinets, you can easily paint them. There is a special paint for this an I would recommend using the proper paint for the best outcome. We had our cabinets painted about 4 or 5 years ago and they are still holding up well.
8. Decorate Your Walls: Add paintings, framed photographs, art-work, candle sconces or whatever suits your fancy but do address your walls. Empty walls can make a home cold and uninviting while adding artwork will warm a space and make it more interesting.
9. Add New Decorative Light Switch Covers: Something so small and often forgotten are light switch covers. Forget about plain and boring white or beige light covers. Add some excitement to the room. You can purchase all sorts of style and if you are really on a budget, you can paint them or use wallpaper or even a pretty contact paper to cover them. So many choices.
10. Add Cushions to Your Chair: Not only will it create a new look for your chairs, but it might cover up some of those scratches that build over time.
11. Change Your Door Handles: Door handles are not too complicated to change and come in a variety of styles and color choices. Why not go a step further and update the hardware on furniture pieces as well and you will not regret changing out the hardware on kitchen and/or bathroom cabinets as well.
12. Add Candles, Vases or other Centerpieces to Your Tables: You can try pillar candles in various sizes placed on a decorative plate, a brightly colored vase with fresh flowers or another unique centerpiece to add beauty to any room.
Not all home makeovers require a contractor and thousands of dollars. If you have a bit of time this weekend, now is the perfect time to get started with a couple of these great ideas. You will feel such a sense of accomplishment once you complete your project. Come on…get started.
Thank you guys for all of the support you show to me and my blog. I feel so blessed because of you.
If you enjoyed this post, you may also enjoy this article.
Until next time…Find And Remain In Your Own Personal Element – Hugs & Blessings!
You Can Find Me:
Share this post with your friends. I greatly appreciate it and I appreciate you.
Leaving You With Hugs & Blessings,
Good tips – small changes do indeed change the whole look of a room. Pinned and shared.
Welcome back. So glad you enjoyed the article and yes everything in small doses. Hugs.