From the Desk of Clearissa’s Command Center/Divinely Organized
Only three days left of our 21 day challenge. Remember each challenge is based on the level of your disorganization of the chosen space. Each of you should modify the assignments of this challenge to fit you and your lifestyle. Today, we are focusing on your purse.
As a reminder, if you have missed any of the earlier challenges, you can find them all here. There is always time to catch up.
The concept of the challenge is as follows – I will suggest a 10 minute assignment daily for the next 21 days. You read that right I am only asking for 10 minutes out of your day to spend on each area/project. I guarantee you will see a difference when the challenge is over. The challenge begins on January 6, 2015 and ends January 27, 2015.
Remember to set your timer or alarm on your cell phone so that you do not get involved and spend more than the allotted 10 minutes (that would be a disaster). Just kidding, I recognize organization can become addictive. Look at me!
Ladies I don’t know about you, but I generally carry a large bag. Actually I carry a tote. It’s a very Sorial but it’s a tote none the less. I have a lot of stuff I need to carry around. Or at least that’s what I keep telling myself. So in order to organize all of that stuff, I had to come up with ways to coral (I like that word) like items together. And also have them in a place where I could readily reach them. Who wants to struggle to find a lip gloss in the bottom of a large tote? Not me. So I have come up with a few ways to organize my purse and it is no longer the black hole. I hope the tips help you too.
Gentlemen, do not lose interest. You can take this information back to your lady friends and be a hero. So do not tune out, instead share the tips.
- First step, empty your bag. Make sure to have your trash receptacle near and toss all the old gum wrappers, paper napkins, empty dental floss containers, etc. Purge all old stuff and things you really do not need to carry in your purse. Your shoulder or arm will thank you for lightening the load.
- Make sure you either have pouches or a purse organizer on hand. I love the purse organizers. I have one that I simply move from purse to purse. It makes changing purses so easy and it keeps all my stuff in place in my purse. You can order one here.
- If you do not have pouches or a purse organizer, use zip lock bags for now.
- Put like items together in the same bag. Coupons in one container (I use a small credit card wallet for now but as I get better at couponing, I am realizing I need something larger), makeup in another and, dental floss, hand sanitizer, lotion, etc., in yet another. Once you have your purse organizer, you will not need all of the separate bags.
- You can store your hair brush in a separate pocket of the purse. I love the handbags with multiple pockets. Don’t you?
- If you still carry your store loyalty cards, on a key ring, ditch it. There is a great app for both Androids and iPhones that allows you to keep all of your loyalty cards on your phone. It is the most convenient way to keep up with them. You can find the keyring app at the playstore or the appstore.
- With everything in a bag or pouch of some sort, you can now replace the items you are keeping back in your purse.
- Business cards (in a business card holder of course) and wallet are the first to go back. They are both things you will always need quick access to. So they should have a prominent place.
- Once everything is in place, you will feel great! I promise.
- One last thing…make sure you leave a convenient pocket for your keys. Don’t you just hate it when you have to take everything out of your purse just to find your keys? It is annoying…right? My remedy for that is to take the time to place your keys in the same pocket every time that you put them in your purse. I have a key ring that has a hook on the end. I can hook my keys over the end of the purse where the zipper ends. Once the purse is zipped, all you see is the little end of the hook. My keys are safely hanging on the inside of my purse but easily accessible.
Note: Consider giving yourself the gift of a purse organizer. They are wonderful, inexpensive and will save you loads of time searching for things later. And they make changing from one purse to another a snap.
There you have it. Today’s assignment is over. *happy dance*
Enjoy the rest of your day…I hope you enjoyed your 10 minutes of organizing and remember, A place for everything…Everything in its place.
Visit my site tomorrow for your next 10-minute challenge. See you there!
Remember to share…sharing is caring