From the Desk of Clearissa Coward’s Command Center
5 Steps To Self-Care Actions You Can Practice Now
A Cozy Lifestyle with Clearissa Coward
Between work, home, working from home, family, and social responsibilities, do you often feel that all your time is spent taking care of others? Neglecting self-care is easy in a busy world, but the consequences can be serious. We all neglect ourselves from time to time, however, when it becomes the norm, is when we get into trouble. Adding self-care practices to your daily routine can greatly strengthen your health and well-being and it does not have to be difficult. We just need to be conscious. Today, let’s explore 5 Steps To Self-Care Actions You Can Practice Now.
There are affiliate links within this post. However, all opinions and ideas are my own. Clicking on and using the links to purchase products does not increase your cost at all. I appreciate your support.
From today forward, make a promise to yourself to take better care of yourself. Try these simple self-care strategies today:
- Block out time for self-care in your schedule. It is not enough to occasionally stop your busy lifestyle and take a walk or indulge in a hot bath. Self-care is an ongoing process. Just as you reserve time in your schedule for other appointments, set aside time to take care of yourself, too. You deserve it.
- It’s important to adopt self-care habits that you can enjoy on a regular basis. They’ll help you avoid burnout, increase your productivity, and allow you to enjoy life.
- Enjoy your favorite hobby. Whether you love to experiment with new recipes in the kitchen, paint pictures of sunsets, or even writing in your favorite journal, your favorite hobbies can be part of self-care. Hobbies and activities that you already enjoy are easy to select and put into practice.
- You just have to find room in your schedule to do them. This is an important step and shows your commitment to self-care. Hobbies are a great way to whoosah and let go of the stressors of the day.
- Make note of the compliments you receive. You can enjoy this self-care practice even as you work or run errands! Start taking notes of the compliments you receive. You can keep them in a journal, diary, or online folder. Something as simple as a coworker complimenting your new hair cut or your help on a shared project, or a neighbor thanking you for an act of kindness, these little words of gratitude can truly lift your spirits and should not go unnoticed or undocumented.
- Your compliment folder can also include emails, notes, thank you cards, and other things that make you smile.
- This self-care practice can help you fight negative thoughts. Compliments can serve as reminders that you matter, your existence is important, and someone appreciates you.
- Remove clutter. Whether you decide to declutter your closet or clean out the fridge, removing clutter will uplift you. Clutter can drain you physically and mentally. It can also make you unhappy as you try to move through your day. You all know how I feel about clutter; however, even I can allow my pantry or fridge to get out of hand with clutter. But once I get these back in place, I feel so much lighter and so will you. Just decluttering a drawer in your kitchen can lift your spirits.
- Eliminate the things that no longer serve you. For example, if you’re keeping clothes in your closet that you hate each time you open the door, replace them with clothes that you love. But do not keep the old clothes. Either bless someone else with them by donating, or sell them, but get rid of anything that no longer has a purpose in your life.
- Do one selfish act. Living selfishly all day is not recommended, but doing one selfish act that makes you happy can do wonders for your attitude. You can enjoy that one thing without feeling guilty about it!
- If you struggle with self-care, it is often because you spend all of your energy and time taking care of or working for others. There is nothing left in your well for yourself. By taking the time to do one selfish act, such as reading your favorite book or ignoring a boring phone call, you will be restoring your own importance.
- It does not have to be extravagant. How about giving yourself an at-home facial, or ordering dinner in instead of cooking, or picking up grocery store flowers. Just something to make you feel good and worthy.
Self-care often takes a backseat to work, family, and other obligations. However, without stopping to take care of your mind and body, you are at risk of burning out and suffering from serious health issues, depression or both. Start making time for your self-care practices today!
Don’t forget to check out my eBook; Organize Your Life in 21 Days. It is available for download and has a variety of small projects to help you take on and complete organizational projects. Some you may not have even thought of. Get your copy today.
Never miss another article, tip, or project. Get them delivered directly to your email. Subscribe today! And let’s stay connected.
Thank you guys for all of the support you show to me and my blog. I feel so blessed because of you.
Until next time…I remain in my Element – God Bless!
Don’t forget to share this post with your friends. I greatly appreciate it.
Hugs & Blessings,