From the Desk of Clearissa Coward’s Command Center
Self-Care – Nine Ways To Add Fun & Excitement Back Into Your Life
A Cozy Lifestyle with Clearissa Coward
Our world has truly been turned upside down recently. The pandemic and other issues have added stress to most of our lives. I don’t know about you, but some of the fun, who am I kidding, a lot of the fun has been sucked out of our lives. However, we have to find ways to put it back or we will be very unhappy. In this article, I am sharing tips for bringing some fun back, it’s called self-care.
If life isn’t about having fun, what is it about? If you’re not having fun regularly, you are missing out on the entire point of being. If you are all work and no play, try these tips to get you started on your new life of fun and excitement even during a pandemic.
There are affiliate links within this post. However, all opinions and ideas are my own. Clicking on and using the links to purchase products does not increase your cost at all. I appreciate your support.
1. Be Mindful – So many people just are not present in their life. They are not in the moment. Instead, they are thinking of another day. “When I turn 18…”, “When I get my degree …”, “When I win the lottery.” You have likely heard yourself say something like this before. Instead, try being truly present with whatever is going on right now. Enjoy the smells, the conversation, and experience life at full throttle. Allow yourself to experience the current moment.
2. Never Stop Learning – Some people stop learning the moment they graduate from school. But, the world is so full of information and answers it is important to always be in the process of learning something new. Learning keeps your brain functioning at a higher level, too. Become a lifetime learner and you will always be fascinated by your surroundings. Another good reason to be a continuous learner is that it keeps you young. Now that is a good reason to continue to learn.
3. Be Daring – At least once a year do something out of your comfort zone such as public speaking, hiking a high mountain, running a marathon, or something else that challenges you. Only you can know what that might be. Have a new adventure each year, and you will stay young and have more fun throughout your entire life.
4. Get Moving – The more oxygen you intake, the happier you will feel. Instead of being irritated by your neighbor’s loud music, let loose and dance. You will be a lot happier and healthier due to it. Or if you do not like your neighbor’s music, play your own and dance like nobody is watching or take a power walk around your neighborhood. Ride a bike with your family, or walk your furbaby an extra time today. All of these things just get you moving. I have vowed to do more of this myself this year.
5. Smile More – It might seem like a silly thing to do, but practice smiling even when you would not normally smile. Smile as you walk through the grocery store. Smile while waiting in line at the post office. To get the smile going, simply think of a happy time in your life, or a special person. Smile at a stranger. You never know, your smile may be the only one that person will receive that day.
6. Enjoy Nature – Humans are meant to be part of nature and to feel the grass under our feet. Take time each day to notice and enjoy as much nature as you can. You will feel more connected to the world, and naturally have more fun just being.
7. Let Go of Perfection – The truth is, no one is perfect, and striving for perfection can weigh on your sense of joy and happiness when you fall short, which we all do. You still want to do your best, but never expect perfection. Just the thought of “it’s not perfect”, can take the joy out of an otherwise wonderful experience.
8. Encourage Others – This is very important. Motivating others can make you feel happier and more satisfied with your own life. Give genuine compliments freely, and help boost others up as often as you can. In the end, you will be boosting yourself. This is definitely a form of self-care.
9. Take Your Time – Being in a hurry all the time can take the joy out of life. You feel as if you never have enough time to accomplish your goals or do anything fun. But, if you learn to take your time and sometimes do nothing, you will begin to redevelop your childhood sense of wonder and joy. Time is the most important thing we have to use and share. Be careful how you use it and never waste it.
10. Connect With Others – Although we have to respect social distancing, we can connect with love ones, friends, and, neighbors. Use technology to meet with the family at least once a week. Stand on the front lawn and connect with your neighbors. Meet a friend in the park and take a social distancing walk together. It can be done and we all need it.
Throw caution to the wind and do something you really want to do. Stop the all work and no play lifestyle and you will get back to having fun again. And if you are currently working remotely, that does not mean you have to spend all of your time at your desk. Spend the same eight hours you would spend in a normal world working and take the rest of your life back. Remember you only get to live this life once.
Don’t forget to check out my eBook; Organize Your Life in 21 Days. It is available for download and has a variety of small projects to help you take on and complete organizational projects. Some you may not have even thought of. Get your copy today.
Never miss another article, tip, or project. Get them delivered directly to your email. Subscribe today! And let’s stay connected.
Thank you guys for all of the support you show to me and my blog. I feel so blessed because of you.
Until next time…I remain in my Element – God Bless!
Don’t forget to share this post with your friends. I greatly appreciate it.
Hugs & Blessings,