From the Desk of Clearissa’s Command Center/Divinely Organized
Throw Back Thursday
Weekly Organization Tip 9 – Seven Tips for Cleaning & Organizing the Trunk of the Car
This week for Throw Back Thursday, we will reminisce on an article that is near and dear to my heart. Organizing the trunk of the car. Let’s be honest, does your vehicle have junk in the trunk? I am including seven tips for cleaning and organizing your trunk. They are simple and if followed will keep your trunk travel ready.
I don’t know about you, but a messy trunk is a definite irritant to me. I do not feel my car is clean even after it has a bath unless it has been completely and thoroughly vacuumed and that includes the trunk. I don’t even have to ask the guys at the car wash to please vacuum the trunk anymore, they know when they see me coming that that’s a part of the cleaning package.
Since this is Throw Back Thursday, I am going to re-share an article with tips for cleaning and maintaining an organized trunk. After all how much clutter can you have in the trunk of your car? Not much right? Wrong! You would be surprised to see what people keep in the trunks of their vehicles. My husband included. 🙂
- The first step, as always, is to remove everything from the trunk. Make sure to have your trash receptacle near and toss all things non-related to your car.
- If you’ve been hauling around some things that should be in the house or garage, put them there.
- Car care items and cleaning supplies should not be rolling around all willy nilly in the trunk. If you have jumper cables, WD40, flares, tire cleaner, etc., in the trunk of your car, these items should be corralled in some sort of container. Mine are in a trunk organizer. They are inexpensive and can even hold bags of groceries or other shopping bags as well. I love mine.
- The trunk of your car or the back of your SUV should not be used as an additional storage room. Unfortunately, my husband and I have this debate all the time. He keeps his fishing gear in the back of his SUV. So if we go thrifting or even grocery shopping, we always have to move stuff around to use the area. I say you don’t fish every day, why not store the gear until you do. He says, you never know when the mood may strike. With his vehicle, he is winning this debate so far. 🙂
- While everything is out of the trunk, vacuum it. And even add an air freshener. No that is not over the top. 🙂
- Now that the trunk is so fresh and so clean, clean, you can place your trunk organizer back with all of your cleaning and car care items. How neat is that?
- Finally, you should have an emergency kit in your vehicle at all times. The first link will take you to a winter survival kit, and the second to a summer emergency car kit. Both are similar and if you are like me and do not like to switch them out, you can combine them. You can find the winter survival kit here and the summer survival kit here. Every car should have a survival kit.
There you have it. My seven best tips for cleaning and maintaining a space that many forget – the trunk of your car.
Note: There are affiliate links in the posts. Thank you for your support.
Never miss another article, tip or project. Subscribe today!
Until next time…
Don’t forget to share…
Thank You for the Visit!