— Doug Larson
“Despite the forecast, live like it’s spring.”
— Lilly Pulitzer
Welcoming The Season Of Renewal
A Cozy Lifestyle with Clearissa Coward
Although I am still praying for at least one dusting of snow, it is time to begin thinking about transitioning into spring. In my opinion, spring is the season of renewal and for me, that means transitioning my home from winter coziness to spring freshness and it can be a delightful experience. But I also believe there is a coziness in every season and spring is no different. Here are some tips to freshen your home for spring while keeping it cozy. In this article, we are welcoming the season of renewal.
Welcoming The Season Of Renewal
Bring in Natural Light:
- Open curtains and blinds to let natural light flood into your home and on those warmer late winter days, crack a window to let in that fresh and crisp air.
- Consider replacing heavy drapes with sheer curtains to maximize brightness and to make the room feel lighter and fresher.
Incorporate Fresh Flowers and Plants:
- Bring the outdoors inside by adding fresh flowers and green plants to your decor.
- Consider adding flowering plants like tulips, daffodils, and hyacinths for a burst of color. I love adding tulips from the market to my décor this time of year.
Lighten Up Your Color Palette:
- Swap out dark, heavy winter decor for lighter, brighter colors. Change pillow covers, florals, and other dark décor to a lighter aesthetic.
- Choose pastel hues like soft blues, greens, pinks, and yellows to evoke a sense of freshness. I also enjoy decorating in soft beiges and tans for spring as well. It’s just a soft neutral style and I love it.
Declutter and Clean:
- Spring cleaning is a great way to refresh your home after winter. Oh boy, this is the difficult part. 😊 This is when I wash windows, windowsills, door jams, move furniture around, etc., to give our home a renewed and fresh look and feel.
- Declutter and organize your spaces, donating or storing items you no longer need. I go through closets, drawers, and pantries this time of year to discard things that no longer bring me joy or that I no longer need.
- Deep clean carpets, upholstery, and curtains to remove winter dust and dirt.
Swap Out Winter Textiles:
- Replace heavy blankets and throws with lighter fabrics like cotton or linen.
- Switch out dark-colored pillows and cushions (those that are not pillow covers) for ones with floral or geometric patterns in lighter colors.
Embrace Indoor-Outdoor Living:
- Set up outdoor seating areas with cushions and throws for enjoying the calmer spring weather.
- During the spring season, I enjoy using citrus-scented candles, essential oils, or air fresheners to infuse your home with refreshing spring fragrances.
- You can also incorporate natural scents like lavender, mint, or eucalyptus for a calming atmosphere.
- Spring is such a fun season for décor. I enjoy decorating with seasonal accents like Easter eggs, bunnies, and springtime wreaths.
- I have a collection of birds and other elements of nature such as bird nests, feathers, and branches that I use to add a rustic touch.
- Prepare your outdoor spaces for spring entertaining by cleaning patio furniture and setting up outdoor dining areas.
- Add potted plants, hanging baskets, and outdoor rugs to enhance the ambiance.
So it’s that time. Time to begin embracing the spring season. By embracing these tips, you can effortlessly transition your home from winter warmth to springtime freshness, creating a welcoming, spring-cozy, and uplifting environment to enjoy as the season changes.
Don’t forget to share this post with your family & friends. I greatly appreciate it.
Hugs & Blessings,