From the Desk of Clearissa’s Command Center/Divinely Organized
21-Day Home Organization Challenge – Day 2
Welcome back to the 21-Day Home Organization Challenge. This is day two. We began yesterday with the area under the master bathroom vanity sink. If you missed it you can find it here. As a recap, I got this idea from Peter Walsh, my idol and only THE best organizer this side of heaven, who began a 31-day challenge with his followers and I thought a 21-day challenge would be a great start for us – the beginners. 🙂
Okay, so as a reminder the concept is that I will suggest a 10 minute assignment daily for the next 21 days. That’s right; you only have to spend 10 minutes on each area/project, and I guarantee you will see a difference when the challenge is over. The challenge begins on January 6, 2015 and ends January 27, 2015.
I will participate in the challenge as well and post pictures of my improved spaces as we go along. However; if there is a day that I issue a challenge that I really do not personally feel necessary, I will still offer photos, encouragement and ideas to help you complete the challenge and to keep you engaged in the process. With that said, let’s move on to today’s assignment. Because we began in the master bath, let’s linger in the master area and move over to the nightstand.
Today is day 2 of the challenge:
- take 10 minutes and organize the night table next to your bed.
- remember to set your timer or alarm on your cell phone so that you do not get involved and spend more than the allotted 10 minutes (that would be a disaster). Just kidding, I realize sometimes organizing can become addictive.
- if there are 2 nightstands, I believe you can remove everything that does not belong there within the 10-minute allotted time
- remove all items that should be someplace else. At this time do not concern yourself with where the items belong, just place all items that can be trashed into the trash receptacle and put items with a place into a box to be distributed to the correct areas later, and of course add a receptacle for donations as well. Only leave items in the night table that belong in a night table. 🙂 Not so hard right? Right!
- I would love it if you would share photos
The picture of my night stand drawer is below. Note, the containers used to coral the stuff in my night stand drawer are all dollar store finds.
On another note, as I go through this 10-minute per day challenge, I am also keeping a journal. Today’s note for instance, when I have time, I will add shelf paper to the drawers of my night stand. No it’s not necessary but it will add that style, that oomph that I like. So although I can not add shelf paper within the 10-minute time frame, I made a note in my redesign journal to make that a project (actually I may do that later today). That way, I don’t forget that little detail. Okay that’s it for today. Enjoy your 10 minutes of organizing and remember…A place for everything and everything in its place.
Visit my site tomorrow for your next 10-minute challenge. See you there!
#cccc #divinelyorganized #organization #allthingsarepossible #21daychallenge
Remember to share…sharing is caring