From the Desk of Clearissa Coward’s Command Center/Divinely Organized
Monday’s Memories – Six Life Hacks Everyone Needs
As an organizer, I am always looking for new and improved ways to make organizing and running our homes easier and less stressful. To avoid that stress, I see no reason for re-inventing the proverbial wheel. After all, it was my grandmother who taught me the importance of spring cleaning and how to do it and do it right. And this was before a lot of the conveniences (disposal mops, steamers, stick vacuums, cleaning caddies, chemical-free cleaners, etc.) we have today.
There are affiliate links within this post. However, all opinions and ideas are my own. Clicking on and using the links to purchase products does not increase your cost at all. I appreciate your support.
It was my mother who taught me the importance of maintaining an efficient running household. I can never remember a time when my mother allowed our home to run out of what she dubbed household staples. For example, bathroom tissue, paper towels, laundry detergent, dish washing liquid, canned soups & cleaning supplies, coffee, milk, bread, butter, eggs, etc., and Miller Lite (my dad’s after work libation :)). These items were always in our home and it was my mom who dubbed that process, “running an organized household.” I said all that to say, I am NOT re-inventing the wheel. I am only sharing some of the tips I have picked up along the way. And hopefully, over the years, I have enhanced and improved some of the ideas and processes that began way before my time. I am also including ideas from other domestically enthused individuals that are great to have in your arsenal.
With all that said, I have found 6 great life hacks that I could not wait to share with you. Here again, we are not re-inventing the wheel but we are taking advantage of it. You may even come up with ways to adapt the hacks or improve them to better work for your home and family. I personalize good ideas all the time. 🙂
- This is a great idea for changing the backs of china cabinets and/or bookshelves. It could even work for entire focus walls. There I go making it personal again. 🙂 You can change the look as your mood changes because you do not have to actually change the furniture or wall. Simply cut and size a paper of your choice and add it to the back of the cabinet. Does it get any easier than that? I don’t think so and the best part of it is you can change the look whenever the mood strikes you. I would not actually use adhesive to hold the paper on. I would use a light spray adhesive or double sided tape or even thumb tacks. That way you can remove the paper whenever you like without making a mess. And there are so many pretty wallpapers and wrapping paper and even craft papers to choose from Thank you Prodical Pieces for a great hack.
2. I am still stuck with popcorn ceilings. I am stuck with it because everyone tells me the removal process is messy and long suffering. However, this process seems fast and easy. I am thinking of sending this one to my handyman. I really want the popcorn gone and if it is this easy, well I am on board. Found on diyfunideas.com 3. I love my self cleaning oven. Who would not…right!! But sometimes even after you have cleaned the oven, the glass is still milky and looks unclean. Mom-4-Real provides a step-by-step instructional on how to clean the glass in your oven door and she makes it look easy. Thank you Moms4real.
4. Have you ever ummm overcooked something? In other words, have you ever burned your food? Okay erase the ego and raise your hand. 🙂 I have too. And sometimes I have done that in an expensive pan and the pan was ruined or so I thought. Not anymore. Happy Hooligans has a surprise for you and me. You can clean that ruined pan. See how she does it here happyhooligans.
5. I love to shop flea markets and thrift stores and sometimes the most interesting glassware comes with a gloomy and cloudy tint. But I have found someone with a remedy for that dilemma. Watch that glass become crystal clear when you use this hack from Homesteady
6. I have a confession. All of my furniture is not solid wood. There I said it! I do have a vanity and a chair and a couple of other pieces that are laminate and I was under the impression I could not paint or improve or upscale these pieces. Alas, Painted Furniture Ideas saves the day. Check out the tips they share to upscale laminate furniture. You will be elated. Painted Furniture Ideas
7. Bonus – This information is from me to you. This is a day–to-day checklist that you can follow to get and keep your family organized and on track. We are still not re-inventing the wheel but we are kicking the tires. I hope my tips are useful. You can find them here.
There you have it. Six great hacks plus a bonus to help you organize and clean your life in to a stress-free zone. I know you have ideas and tips as well. Please share them in the comments section.Happy life hacking.
Don’t forget to check out my eBook; Organize Your Life in 21 Days. It is available for download and has a variety of small projects to help you take on and complete
Never miss another article, tip, real-life experience or project. Get them delivered directly to your email. Subscribe today! And let’s stay connected.
Until next time…I remain in my Element – God Bless!
Share this post with your friends. I greatly appreciate it.