From the Desk of Clearissa’s Command Center/Divinely Organized
It’s that time again. Don’t be that way. We only have 10 days left and you’re awesome! That’s better…get in the organization zone. It’s Friday; therefore, I won’t suggest a giddy up drink today. I’ll let you choose your own. But it’s that time, make your beverage choice and let’s get started with day eleven of our 21-Day Home Organization Challenge. As a reminder, if you have missed any of the earlier challenges, you can find them all here.There is always time to catch up so on to day eleven!
The concept is that I will suggest a 10 minute assignment daily for the next 21 days. You read that right I am only asking for 10 minutes out of your day to spend on each area/project. I guarantee you will see a difference when the challenge is over. The challenge begins on January 6, 2015 and ends January 27, 2015.
Today’s issue is one that everyone has experienced or is experiencing. Male, female, young, old…we all have an overflowing t-shirt drawer. A drawer with old, discolored, ill-fitting t-shirts. Well today we are going to handle this issue. Today we are going to settle in and organize our t-shirt drawers.
Remember to set your timer or alarm on your cell phone so that you do not get involved and spend more than the allotted 10 minutes (that would be a disaster). Just kidding, I realize sometimes organizing can become addictive.
- First step, pull all of the t-shirts out of the drawer and go through them to decide which are good to keep and which should be tossed.
- If your t-shirt collection is like mine, you don’t have any that are worth donating. If that is the case you will only have two piles. Keep and discard.
- I know how difficult it can be to discard a comfortable t-shirt. Comfortable usually means it has a hole or two, is really stretched out and if you’re me, has different colors of paint or stain from projects past. Today we must be strong.
- Side note – hubby hates it when I organize our t-shirt drawers. For him a t-shirt is not comfortable until it’s really ugly and disfigured. 🙂
- Toss all t-shirts that are too small, too large, discolored, with stains from God knows where, etc. Do not hesitate, do not think about it, throw them in the trash NOW! I was not yelling, it’s just my stern voice. 🙂
- Now it’s time to fold the t-shirts you have decided to keep. Real Simple has a great instructional video to help you.
That’s it. Bada Boom, Bada Bing…enjoy the rest of your Friday.
Note: I hope the instructional video is helpful but if you have a folding system that works for you, use it. You must start out like you will holdout. If you fold in a way that is too complicated, you will not follow through. You choose.
On another note: as I go through this 10-minute per day challenge, I am also keeping a journal. Today’s journal entry – I only organized my t-shirt drawer today. Note to self – the next Saturday hubby is spending time watching a game or taking a nap, I’m all over his t-shirt drawer. 🙂
Enjoy the rest of your day…Enjoy your 10 minutes of organizing and remember…A place for everything and everything in its place.
Visit my site tomorrow for your next 10-minute challenge. See you there!
Remember to share…sharing is caring
Subscribe to Receive Updates from Clearissa