From the Desk of Clearissa Coward’s Command Center
Quick Tips To Follow When Arranging Your Bedroom Furniture
A Cozy Lifestyle with Clearissa Coward
Expansive Bedroom Space
Many of us do not have a large and expansive bedroom like the one above. However, if we have a bedroom that is safe, clean and comfortable, we are already truly blessed and we should be filled with gratitude, but that is another post for another time.
This post is about living in and arranging a cozy and small bedroom space. The way you arrange your bedroom furniture can make all the difference in the comfort, functionality, and style of your room. Here are some tips for arranging your bedroom furniture.
You will want to start with finding just the right place for your bed as your bed will be the focal point of the room. Here are some things to consider:
There are affiliate links within this post. However, all opinions and ideas are my own. Clicking on and using the links to purchase products does not increase your cost at all. I appreciate your support.
* Carefully choose a place that won’t create any obstructions in the room.
* Do not block doors or make it hard to get into a closet.
*If at all possible, do not block windows. You want as much natural light as possible and you also want to avoid drafts. Besides, a bed in front of windows also makes it difficult to add drapes as well.
* If your window will be open frequently, you may want to keep the bed away from the window to avoid an uncomfortable draft.
My Cozy Guest Room
* Make sure there is room for a nightstand on either side of the bed. Having two nightstands gives more balance to your look, plus makes great places for alarm clocks, the book you are reading and even some decorative elements.
*For the remainder of your furniture, you will have to decide what your storage needs are and how much space you have. The more space you have, obviously, the more creative you can get.
* Dressers & Chests of Drawers: Determine how much space you will need for storing your clothing. Take into account how much closet space you have and how much more you will need in dresser draws. A traditional dresser will take up more floor space, while a tall chest of drawers can offer the same storage space without taking up so much space in your room.
My Cozy Guest Room
* Chests: A chest placed at the foot of your bed can add a fresh look and provides you with more storage area. But only if you have space.
* Television: If you’re going to place a television in your room, make plans where to place it. It could be placed in an armoire with space specifically for a television. This is a nice look because you can close up the armoire and hide the television when you are not using it. TVs are so large nowadays, I would sincerely suggest that if you must have a TV in your bedroom (and we do), invest in a wall mount that will clear up a lot of space in your room.
* Comfy Chair or Coach: If you have room for a comfy chair or coach, consider adding one. It adds another comfortable place for TV-watching or curling up with a good book. But again, only if you have the space…are you getting the picture? Even though you may want to have a comfy chair or dresser, do not add them if your space will be over-crowded.
Overall, make sure that you have enough space for the furniture you would like to have, with plenty of space to move about the room. Make sure you also have enough storage space to eliminate the clutter in your room. The more space you have, the more comfortable your bedroom environment will be.
Get more Decorating tips here.
Don’t forget to check out my eBook; Organize Your Life in 21 Days. It is available for download and has a variety of small projects to help you organize your life one small project at a time. Get your copy today.
Never miss another article, tip or project. Get them delivered directly to your email. Subscribe today! And let’s stay connected.
Thank you guys for all of the support you show to me and my blog. I feel so blessed because of you.
Until next time…Find And Remain In Your Own Personal Element – God Bless!
You Can Find Me:
Share this post with your friends. I greatly appreciate it and I appreciate you.
Leaving You With Hugs & Blessings,